ELECTROPOWER is a fully accredited material testing laboratory and specialises in the provision of electrofusion weld test services. Blue line testing has many years of experience in performing electrofusion welding tests for plastic pipes and HDPE pipe-welds of every diameter.
What is electrofusion welding?
What is electrofusion welding? It is a process of where 2 plastic pipes are joined together with the use of a single coupler that has a combined wire heating coil. The coil is supplied with electricity from electrofusion control unit, it is heated up and this will cause the plastic to melt. A gas-tight joint is formed once cooled.
Electrofusion welding tests are conducted with the use of a state-of-the-art universal testing equipment. Our laboratory has the capability to perform a full analytical and interpretative analysis the pipe weld and the associated failure mode. We can provide our customers with full confidence on the integrity and quality of their pipe installations and assurance that the installations are being performed to the highest standards.
It is important to have your pipelines tested regularly as it can avoid the following problems that may occur:
- Time cost
- Failure after downtime
- A single weld that has failed can cause a loss of confidence in the whole stability system.
- Significant costs in excavating pipe work to get at and replace the failed welds.
- Failure analysis – it depends on the complexity; there can be bigger costs with failure analysis.
- Material costs of replacement, both for pipes and installation environment.
Why choose us?
- Extensive experience and expertise
- Fast turnaround of results
- Well established company
- Electrofusion weld testing specialists
- We use state of the art equipment to make sure a quality job is completed every time
- We offer expert guidance and advice to all of our clients
- We have a highly experienced team of engineers, project managers, and laboratory technicians.