Electrofusion Welding Method
This application is generally used in systems where very high safety is required, in places where the butt welding method is not used due to space constraints, and in repairs. Electrofusion welding machine and electrofusion fittings are used in assembly. Special resistance wires are placed on the inner surfaces of these electrofusion fittings to be welded with the pipe during manufacturing. With the electrofusion machine, these wires are energized and the inner surface of the electrofusion fitting, which will connect with the pipe, is brought to the melting temperature. Additional parts and pipes are welded. It is also possible to get outputs from the main pipe by applying this technique.
Advantages of Electrofusion Welding
- It is possible to get direct output from the main pipe using this technique.
- Pipes are easy to repair.
- It can be easily applied even in very tight spaces.
- It doesn’t require much digging.
Considerations While Performing Electrofusion Welding
- The materials to be welded must have the same parametric value required.
- The working environment should be clean, the surface that will be the source is rain,
- It should be protected from environments such as snow, mud, oil. Welding will be done
- The surface should not be touched by hand.
- The permissible ambient temperature for electrofusion is 5C° – 45C°.
- The welder must be well trained.
Electrofusion Welding Process Sequence
- Pipes are cut neatly in such a way that the mouth part is at right angles to its axis.
- The surface of the pipe to be welded is cleaned by peeling the outer surface of the pipe with the peeling apparatus so that no oil or dirt remains.
- Pipe and fitting are cleaned with alcohol. The attachment is attached to the pipe.
- The barcode of the attachment is read by the machine, otherwise the values are entered manually.
- The welding machine is started and the process is completed.